A few words for the workshop
Traditional Greek and Eastern Mediterranean percussion. Rhythm, techniques, instrumentation, multi rhythmic.
His first approach to music and percussion took place at a young age by his father, Michael Klapakis. Manousos graduated from the Pallini Music High School. He was taught playing the violin by Yannis Zevgolis and he studied Music Theory at the National Conservatory of Athens. He also learned playing orchestral percussion with Konstantinos Vorisis and Kostas Theodorakos, while Yorgos Yevgelis taught him how to play the davul. Manousos has been participating in music, dance and drama performances both in Greece and abroad. Among others, he has cooperated with:
- Homer's Iliad (Athens Festival)
- the Greek Folk Music Association ''Domna Samiou''
- the ''Creo'' dance company (performance ''Apogeios'', under the auspices of the Ministry of Culture)
- the Lyceum Club of Greek Women
- Katerina Papadopoulou & the Anastatica project
- the Polis Ensemble (as a founding member)
He teaches percussion and rhythmology in conservatories (Athenaeum, Filippos Nakas) and in dance groups, cooperating with them in performances in Greece and abroad.